When a wedding takes over 250+ hours to plan a lot of detail goes into planning and sometimes things tend to be forgotten in the planning process. Don’t worry, we have conducted research and found that these top 10 items are the most common ones that bride’s tend to forget in planning their wedding and would love to share them with you, so you don’t forget them.
Print out these article and keep it handy so you can reference it from time to time, making sure that you are not one of the many bride’s that forgets these items.
10. Passports– Make sure you and your groom’s passports are not expired. If they are expired please make sure to renew them as soon as possible. Sometimes they may take longer to get back then expected.
9. Day of Emergency Kit– Please remember to pack a day of emergency kit, this can help reduce stress off of any emergency that does occur on the day of your wedding. From ripped dresses to stomach aches, the items in this kit can solve any emergency. If you have hired a wedding planner (like Events by Natasha) they will provide you with a Day of Emergency Kit to use for the day of your wedding. A Day of Emergency Kit can include, but is not limited to:
- Clear nail Polish
- Nail File
- Nail polish (bridesmaids shade and bride’s shade)
- Comb, brush, and teasing comb
- Bobby pins
- Hair elastics
- Lint brush
- Backings to earrings
- Mini flat iron (for touch-ups)
- Baby Powers (Brides- sometimes you may spill something on your dress, baby powder will help get out the stains fast)
- Visine Eye drops for red dry eyes
- Contact lens solution and case
- Tums, Midol, Advil, Tylenol
- Deodorant, Body Spray, Body lotion
- Tampons and pads
- Band-aids (for those unexpected blisters)
- Gum and Mints
- Extra garter belt
- Flats (for bride and bridesmaids)
- Cell phone Charger
- Makeup Wipes or Makeup Remover
- Extra Camera
- List of vendors phone numbers
- Extra copy of the maid of honour and best man speech
- Extra copy of Bride and Groom speech
- Sewing Kit, Safety Pins, Small Scissors
- Copy of invitation
8. Hair Accessories– It is surprising how many brides forget to pack their hair accessories (veils, pins, and tiaras) before leaving to the hair salon the day of their wedding. Make sure to pack these things away in a tote bag the night before and place it by the door so you will not forget it. The day of your wedding your mind will be all over the place going over every little detail so let your maid of honour know to remind you the morning before leaving to take these things with you, or delegate her to be in charge of bringing these items.
7. Undergarments– Bride’s get so caught up in making sure that everything looks perfect from their dress to their hair, but sometimes they forget one of the most important items to wear: Panties and a bra. Make sure you set aside the right panties and bra to wear with your dress months before the wedding, as you may have to go out and buy something new to accommodate the type of dress you will be wearing.
6. Vendor Contact List– Make sure to print out a copy of all your vendor’s names and telephone numbers so they can be easily contacted the day of your wedding. Make sure to print out a copy and not just have a copy on your cell phone, just incase your phone dies and you are not able to get to an outlet to charge it.
5. Photography List– Make sure to prepare a list of all the photographs that you will want to take with family and friends, your groom, bridal party, and all of the detailed shots (rings, programs, dress, decor..etc). This is one thing a lot of brides tend to forget and important photographs get missed the day of your wedding.
4. Music List– Don’t forget to send your DJ a list of your preferred songs and a DO NOT PLAY list for your reception. Also, provide him with a detailed time line of when speeches will be and dances. Don’t forget to add in the list for the entrance with the names of your bridal party and the lists of songs that they will walk in to. Last, but not least do not forget to provide them with a list of the songs you will use for your first dance, father daughter dance, and mother son dance. This is something that is easily forgotten.
3. Ceremony Details– Make sure you do not leave the personal items you want to include in your ceremony at home. These items can include: The ring bearer pillow, unity candles, a lighter, a copy of your vows (if they are custom written). Oh and please do not, do not forget the wedding bands.
2. Overnight bags– If you are leaving for your honeymoon right after the reception remember to pack an outfit to go to the airport in. If you are going to a hotel the night before remember to have someone check in for you that day and pack an overnight bag.
Finally, the most important item that a number of brides forget to do is:
1. Get Your Marriage Certificate– I have found that a number of brides always forget this important item on their list of things to do to prepare for their wedding day. Assign your maid of honour or a close family member to ensure that the marriage certificate is brought to the ceremony the day of your wedding.
Wedding Planners can help to ensure that all the small details are done and included in the planning for your wedding. It is their job to go over all of the fine details to ensure that your wedding is a successful one. For more information contact us at email@example.com or 416.402.1757 and visit our website at www.eventsbynatasha.ca
Until Next Time,